This is a guide to turning on comfort windows (Windows controlled by the key) on a T5 VW Transporter.
Tools you will need:
- A T5 van with factory remote central locking and factory electric windows.
- An old computer/laptop with ms-dos – Basic skills in MS-DOS
- Serial lead to connect to your car
- VDS pro
- Battery support unit (optional but recommended) I use a Ring Smart Charge Pro 35
How to do it:
Remove battery cover and connect battery support unit.
Wait for the set voltage to be reached
Now connect the lead to the T5 van and to the computer
Boot the computer into ms-dos
Once connected you need to select central convenience module (CCM) type number 46
Now you want to read EEPROM, type 26. Now choose your memory location, type 04361 – Make a note off all the readings
- You should have something along the lines off 0,10,10,176,176,176,100,100,100,255. The first 3 are the important ones
- In binary code works like this 128,64,32,16,8,4,2,1
- So 0= 00000000 10=00001010 (because we have 1 in the 2 and 8 positions add them together =10)
- We need to change the 10 to 2 so it works like this 2=00000010
We now need to change the value so type 27 now enter 04362 and 02
We now need to change the value so type 27 now enter 04363 and 02
Now press ALT-X
Unplug the lead and now test your now comfort windows